The St. Cloud Fire Department has hosted Explorer Post 2032 since 1995. The program is part of the Learning for Life through the Boy Scouts of America. Through the Explorer program, young adults ages 14-20 are able to work and train in careers that are of interest to them. Our award-winning program has a history of dedicated leaders and Explorers. The many Explorers that return from year to year illustrate how the hard work and dedication of past leaders has made the program worthwhile to those involved.
Fire & Emergency Services Exploring is a hands-on program that exposes participants to many career experiences, leadership opportunities, and community service activities. The primary goals of the program are to help young adults choose a career path within fire and emergency services and to challenge them to become responsible citizens of their communities and country.
You will develop:
- Leadership Skills
- Respect for firefighters & explorers
- New personal skills
You will learn:
- Emergency call protocols
- Firefighting policies & procedures
- Team Building
- Proper Equipment Usage
You will have an opportunity to participate in
- Fire fighting training scenarios i.e. buildings
- Ride-Along Program
- National & Regional Events
You will have an opportunity to network with
- Explorers across the USA
- Firefighting & Emergency Services professionals
- Forest Fighters
You will have an opportunity to participate in hands-on projects to give you a real feel for whether this career is the right one for you.
You will learn about the educational requirements for a career in Fire & Emergency Service and will receive tangible advice on steps you could take now to prepare and position yourself for a successful career in the field of Fire & Emergency Service.
Fire & Emergency Service Career Exploring will provide you with the following benefits:
- Improved self-confidence
- Leadership experience and social network development
- Fun and Exciting “hands-on” career experiences
- Community service opportunities
- College & Career Readiness preparation
- Scholarship opportunities
When do meetings take place?
St. Cloud Explorer Post 2032 meets the first and third Tuesday of each month. The program generally follows the school year and starts towards the end November and concludes around May or June.
Participation fees are $50 and include a T-shirt and all necessary text books.
How can I join?
Participation is easy:
- Contact the post advisor FF Adam Morris at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download and fill out application packet
- The local post Advisor will then be in touch with you regarding upcoming meetings
- Attend a meeting or activity
- Fill out the Youth Participation Form and pay the Participation Fee
The Explorer program also offers a ride-along program. This program gives the Explorers an opportunity to work alongside firefighters for a 12 hour period. The Explorers participate in the daily routines, training, and emergency runs to help them determine if a career in firefighting is what they want to pursue. This program offers unique opportunities that classroom instruction and drills cannot offer.
The dedication of the firefighters and the Explorers has helped to make the program what it is today. As the program moves forward, the program is continually searching for new opportunities for the Explorers to experience the many facets of a career in firefighting.
Schedule of Events
Page Last Updated: Oct 18, 2016 (14:25:14)